Friday, July 22, 2011

Background

So here is a little about me.  This is my second game round in Aloriah.  I am not a gamer at all and Aloriah is my first browser game I have ever played.  I originally started playing as a way for my girlfriend and I to connect more while I was studying abroad.  However we enjoyed ourselves so much that we have continued to play since I have returned.  I consider myself a passive player though I must admit that I have been much more active this last game round.  Mostly because of the troubles I have faced I think haha.

Well since we are already underway here let me give you a little bit of what I have already done.  For this round since I started at the same time as everyone else (wasn't the case in my first round) I decided to go for some achievements.  The ones I concentrated on were the rushers.  I didn't make it in time for Tropical Islands so instead I decided to rush to Dry Steeps instead of going to TI.  Then I decided to rush Misty Marshes instead of going to TI as well.  I accomplished my goal in that I got the achievements which is good cause they are only available once every time a game round starts.  So I currently have 3 villages but no TI village.  For my 4th I have decided to try the 4 village strategy for a while unless someone can convince me otherwise.  We'll see how it works.  I struggled a lot with MM for a while cause I didn't have the man power or resources to be there.  Lost lots of battles to the vicious Emerald Dragons.  However now I have gotten a handle on it and seem to be doing good there as I have won my last two battles against them.

I have concentrated the main part of my research in Combat and Resources which is different than I did last game round.  A new change this game round is that you can have leveled alliances that will give you buffs.  We have started The Primes and now have all 7 of our spots filled.  Already we have a level 12 alliance that provides a pretty good buff.  The level ups are getting expensive though.  However I like that we have this option to dump our resources in there cause sometimes you have spent all your resources and time so you wonder what to do with the rest.  Now we have the option to dump into the alliance.

The main part of my forces is in MM defending my village.  Some of the players think it was unwise to rush into MM.  One of the reasons is cause you have to have so much of your population in MM.  But I am not so sure on this point.  Normally at this point in the game you want to have the most of your population in DS to hunt dragons and get diamonds.  However the main use of diamonds has always been to get uber units.  These units have changed significantly though in the new game round.  This being that they are now worth 2k pop instead of 500 pop.  So there will be a lot less uber units and they will be used differently.  So we'll see how that all works but perhaps diamonds in large quantities aren't needed as much anymore.

Well there you have it!  Very brief and quick overview of my play so far stay tuned for what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment